
Lets see what has happened as of lately. My darling angel has been babbling and drooling up a storm. She just sits there and screams at the top of her lungs and with all the breath she can muster up. It's very amusing... and ohhh so adorable. Lanier has started foods as one might see but has had some belly issues ( go figure ) and we have kinda scaled back a bit. We are just now getting back on the lovely Oatmeal goo. Let me make one thing clear. It's a heck of alot easier to pop a bottle in her mouth then all this Oatmeal and sweet potato mess. Pretty soon, however, she will pick up and actually get more in her belly then on it. I let her play in her mess for a bit.

To switch gears, my mom was recently in the hospital (just overnight) she had an episode of really REALLY high blood pressure, and was actually at home alone watching Lanier when it all occurred. She ended up having to call Tim to get Lanier and my dad to come home and take her to the hospital. She said she was afraid to call the ambulance because she had Lanier. YES, I gave her a very good talking to and reiterated to her that they would not have left her alone there. That if she needed to call 911... she is to CALL 911. What a goof she is. Thankfully, all her tests came back negative and she was released and cleared to head to Cancun at the end of that week. So where and the world is Jane ? Yep, catching some rays with my pops and some close friends in the hot Mexican sun for the last 4 days. Hopefully, a nice relaxing vacation is just what the doctor ordered.

Lanier and I had a lovely lunch with an old soccer buddy of mine, Ashley and her 1 month old Tyler. The kids loved each other and played like best buddies... who am I kidding, she sat in my lap, mostly interested in my chicken salad sandwich, while Tyler enjoyed his nap in his mommies' arms. It was great catching up and talking mommy talk.
Using my resources. When you have to take the sheets off the bed and the babe is fussing... why not put her in the clean laundry basket. Worked like a charm and I got my lovely sheets washed in the ever so aromatic Lavender and Chamomile. Nothing like clean sheet day to cheer ya up.
In all fairness, she is only 5 months old; however, she is about to get booted to the real bath tub. Almost her entire little tub of water was...wait...not in her tub where is should be, rather it was all over my counter top, cabinets and wood floor. She LOVES her baths and I think the excitement gets the best of her and me for that matter. ( notice the large squall of water coming over the side of the tub/wave pool)
Last but not least, we made a big purchase this week. We bought Lanier a convertible carseat. I had a ton of coupons and ended up saving about 89 bucks on the ohh so lovely Britax Boulevard. It was one of those days that I kept telling myself, just get the one you want and actually the guy at the store told me it was the best one on the market. I already knew that though, through all my research. It huge in my backseat. I wanted to see what it was going to look like and if she actually liked it, so in my car it sits for now. How can she not like it, its like a little ( and I use little in the miniature term) baby recliner. OK I've done my blogging for now.. time to hit the sack


You guys are too cute! By the way, Nick knows your hubby from CBHS.
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! Isn't this a fun age! Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete