Wednesday, June 23, 2010

lazy days of summer

This has been a great and HOT June, as is to be expected in Memphis.  Lanier and I have been hanging out at the house, swimming at Busia and Bear's and the country club, sprinkler parkin' in Collierville and in our backyard and chillin' at the children's museum.  Its just so hot to even be outside, even if it is in the water.  This is such a cute age !! Lanier is like a little person with an adorable little personality.  She is using her words and is very smart. No mama yet... actually no M words yet but she can say Casey, Stoli, grapes, keys, fishes, dada, please and a couple other words.  She still says "where is it" when I ask her where her milk is.  Its soo cute and she is just a cheese.  She still has her little attitude when she doesn't get what she wants :).  I try not to laugh but sometime it gets the best of me.  She is a great sleeper as long as she has her blankie (the lovely huge fleece pink dwell blanket from target).  I love the stares I get from people as we carry it in this 100 degree weather.  Any mother should know that there is no luck changing what she loves.  So recently I bought one that looks almost like it to have a back-up just in case something were to happen to it. She is going turbo all over the place and it is so nice to be able to put her down to walk every once in a while when were out running errands.  She still only has 4 teeth fully in with her fifth half way in and a couple more just under the gum.  She now loves to put her wet diapers or anything in the trash.  She says please to open the door and in the trash they go.  Such a nice help, maybe she can bring all of Marrins diapers there too !!
   I have been feeling pretty good with this pregnancy, just tired, which is to be expected I guess.  Its not like the first time around when I could sleep when I wanted to, but Lanier is a really easy baby and we just play and she plays very well by herself when I need to take a break on the couch.  I still cannot believe that come October we are gonna have 2 little girls :).  I have been busy making clothes and appliqueing outfits for the girls ( he he ).  I recently made a duvet cover for Laniers new room.  She is getting the spare room with twin beds.  Hope that works out like we hope it will.  We don't really want to buy another crib.  Marrin is getting the nursery with a couple new added touches to her walls.  All an all, it works out pretty nicely for everyone. 
   With our little Lanier growing so fast, I have found that she is in need of some big girl toys, so she has gotten an adorable shopping cart and a whole basket of play food to go along with it.  Today we went for our 15 month appointment and Lanier weighs a wopping 20 lbs 3 oz (20th percentile), she weighed 19 lbs 8 oz at her 12 month appt.  Dr. Cat is not too worried seeng as she is now 75th percentile in height and 50th in head circumference.  So we are to beef her up a bit.  She is such an active little girl and great eater. Check-up went great and she got 2 shots.We talked about her crooked 2 fingers that she sucks but other then taking them out of her mouth when she sucks them to bed...there is really not too much we can do about it at this point and I am sure they will straighten out.
  So long for now.  Enjoy some pics from the last month.  Ohh and I cannot believe that I am already 23 weeks pregnant.  Miss Marrin probably weighs about a pound.  She is moving all over the place and I am loving every second of it !!!

Sprinkler park


Farmers Market

Hanging round the house


Pudding... 1st time


Thanks for the swimsuit Lyndsey
Swimming in the backyard


Being a cheese

She was Runnning...

Trouble ?


Busia and Lanier
Children's Museum

So Lanier figured out how to put my hair tie thing in her hair... Smart cookie she is





1 comment:

  1. She looks so big!!!! Where are our babies??? I'm glad you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete