Friday, August 13, 2010

fall wardrobe...

ok so after hunting through all the storage bins of clothes I have been so blessed to receive from my sister-in-law... I have yet to find a bin full of 18-24 month clothes for the fall... mind you we have some outfits... but no everyday wear stuff.... NOW come spring and summer we are ALL stocked again.  SO I am tempted to buy Lanier some stuff that I have wanted to get for some time now.  She is now old enough to wear some cute cute stuff.  However, I am just not willing to spend and arm and a leg on some of it.  I have been hunting on ebay and looking in a couple other places but with no luck...  So I have decided...  sorry matilita jane... that I am going to make her a couple pair of funky (wide ruffle) pants in some cool fabrics I've seen from funky fabrics , fabrics, and some I have seen at broomcorn .  I am also going to make her some comfy corduroy pants and just buy some long sleeve t shirts where I can and applique them. A little secret ( maybe a little secret), I have been looking to see where all these clothing shows are getting their cotton wear ( shirts, pants and such).  Well  take a peak at Kavio ( thier stuff runs REALLY SMALL) Lanier has a ruffle dress and thanks to the fact that I had tried it on her at a clothing show, I knew this, and I ended up buying her a 24 month dress. I am not so sure about the shirts, but I assume they run small too. Monage is also a great site for cottons.  I am going to get Lanier and maybe Marrin too this cotton outfit ( its super stoft and great to applique on) Frill pant with a Frill top.  Etsy seems to have some folks making some cute outfits for a reasoabl;e price.  I am still going to hunt around and I am sure I will make it to some local clothing shows, but I love all the super soft cotton stuff for winter when were all stuck inside.  Here are two of my fav. kiddy stores online
hannaanderson  super cute dresses and tights
miniboden  i am purchasing this dress and might spluge a tad here

please feel free to let me know your favorite sites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment