As I sit here today, September 1st 2012, I am reminded of just how precious life is. Today we celebrate my husbands 35th birthday and the 6 year anniversary of my mothers double mastectomy. It was this day six years ago that my amazing & courageous mother went into surgery not knowing what lay ahead of her. Those simple words she uttered will be forever embedded in my mind " is it in the lymph nodes" she uttered, still half groggy form anesthesia. "Yes" I think my brother said. "Damn, I thought we had it" she whispered. It was a long road of Chemo but she never complained.
Here she is holding Lou, her 5th grand baby in 3 years. If I start to think of the things she would of missed, I'd drive myself crazy. Busie we love you to the moon and back !!!!! You are the best mother I could have ever asked for and I am the mother I am today because of you.
Centella & Treadwell families
Best we could get in the heat
* and guess what... there is a little baby BOY in Ashleigh's belly !!! That will make 3 baby boys for my parents THIS year Lock & Lou &...
Happy 35th Birthday Tim
You are a wonderful husband and father !!!
Enjoying Lou's first GAME DAY & better yet the Vols won last night. I guess that means Lou better fit in his "lucky" shirt each game. We shall see how that plays out
Our beautiful family of FIVE
my world
with great joy we welcome
Timmons Louis Treadwell VI "Lou"
June 19th 2012 @ 11:54
7 lbs 1 oz 19 3/4
He is PERFECT in every way
to my children I apologize for not keeping up with this blog for the past couple months. It has been a bit hectic, with birthdays (Lanier's March 23rd, work, pregnancy, Chicago trip, tree hitting our new house (* ie tree removal, new front roof, new ceilings in house and repair...2 weeks prior to delivery, a REAL BIRTHday, month long trip to Florida, and well just life, I failed to keep up my end of the bargain and blog your lives and our daily adventures. I have however taken a gazillion pictures and instagram (follow me @ btreadwell) has our life in pictures. Your aunt Courtney and I have decided to keep each other in check and blog at least once a week and on Fridays to load our instagram pictures. THIS I WILL PROMISE to do !!!
& i will leave you with these words I posted on a sweet picture of Lanier back in October of 2009
For my mother, my grandmother, my aunts, my great aunts, my neighbors and all those who have battled breast cancer; may we find a cure so that one day, neither I, nor these precious children of mine will join this list. Keep fighting and RACING FOR THE CURE !!!






I''m trying to do better about blogging also! I 've been trying to write the one I published today for about 6 weeks now!
ReplyDeleteso glad that you're back to blogging!
ReplyDelete