Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving and Chicago

What a busy last 2 weeks.  Thanksgiving was great.  I was suppose to work 7-7 but actually got called off for 8 hours in the morning.  So I only had to go in from 3-7 and the census was low so it was not too bad. I did, however, basically miss the thanksgiving fest.  Mom didn't cook this year since we were headed to chicago the next day.  My parents were invited over to my in laws so Thanksgiving was a big family affair.  I still have to upload some more pics.  I am upset at the fact that Tim, Lanier and I didn't take a family picture, but I guess we forgot since I was working... ohh well.  So here are some pics from turkey day and our amazing trip to Chicago. And YES we drove the 9 1/2 hours with an 8 month old. 


Lanier with her Great Grandpa... Didn't want to post any OTHER pics for fear I might ruin a surprise.. so this is it of the Great Grandparents.


Mom and Lanier chillin  at my Aunt and Uncles new condo downtown ( their view, on the 62 floor overlooking the city and the lake, was really BAD as you can see...)

Lanier checking out city ( *No childs' saftey was endangered during this photo shoot*)

I mean are you kidding me... their place was BREATHTAKING !!! Their apartment has views of the entire city, not to mention that is was bigger than my own house which has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.


Some of my cousins loving on Lanier before our trip shopping on Michigan Ave and State Street.

Yep... I took this pic, Beautiful isnt it !!

My Aunt and Uncle

Lanier and that darn hat again

Heading to spend some christmas money in the BIG CITY

So Jon and Ash just moved to chicago.  Ashleigh got a promotion and they are living downtown  in the same building that 2 of our cousins already have a place in.  They are also right across the street from my Aunt and Uncle.  So how fun to be in the city and have family close by.  I have to see if they mind if I post some pics of their place, since I have a ton.  They are enjoying themselves and finally getting settled in after staying with my grandparents for a couple weeks.  Their apartment is on the 14th floor with great views of the Sears (Willis) tower and michigan ave.  Jon was stil in Ohio for Thanksgiving when we were in town so we didn't get to see him... Sad :(

Gotta Love that Chicago style pizza


Me and the babe

View from the Community Room in Jon and Ashleighs place.  Huge room on their top floor with a workout area and heated pool.  Thats Soliders Field, home of DA BEARS and Lake Michigan in the background.


I LOVE THIS PICTURE and the lighting

Lanier on the car ride home.  She did AWESOME in the car both way.  We stopped once on the way up and back at Cracker Barrel for about an hour.  She was soo soo good.  We left each time at 5 o'clock on the dot.  She was fed and went back to sleep while it was still dark in the car.

She had her station all set up with her mickey mouse clubhouse movie that I think she watched about 8 times.  She loved it each time though.  Some Gerber puffs helped kill the time too. 

Some tid bits on my baby girl.  She is going to be 9 months on the 23rd of this month.  She is crawling all over the place and pullin up on the sofa and ottoman.. and laundry basket.  She is pulling her feet in and taking tiny steps to be closer to the sofa.  She actually stood by herself for like 7 seconds the other day.  She is so interested in everything.  She is eating Gerber 3rd foods and some small foods that I cut up for her.  She loves her puffs, if only she would use her fingers and put them in her mouth instead of me feeding her like a bird.  The only thing she will put in her mouth is her blanket and fingers for sleeping, no toys or food ( she is silly like that).  She is in size 3 diapers and has been for a bit.  Last night I finally felt that razor sharp little tooth in her mouth which explains the rough last 2 nights with her waking up.   She is still a little chatterbox saying mostly da da and loves to blow bubbles with her lips.  She is soo stinkin cute. till next time

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like SO much fun!!! Glad y'all are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is WAY cute, Bridge. We miss seeing yall. Looks like you had a fun trip. :) I can promise you that I'd never be brave enough to take a baby on that long of a car drive-good for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete